Riverside County Probation Department employs over 1000 personnel. Offices are located in Riverside, Corona, Moreno Valley, San Jacinto, Perris, Banning, Murrieta, Temecula, Palm Springs, Indio, and Blythe. Institutions are in Riverside, Indio, and Murrieta. We have sworn peace officer assignments and non-sworn staff.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A SWORN PEACE OFFICER POSITION
The Department’s entry-level sworn peace officer positions are Deputy Probation Officer and Probation Corrections Officer. In order to be considered for either sworn position, you must first take an entry assessment test administered by the County Human Resources. There is no application. For information regarding scheduling an assessment, please click here.
Work Environment and Duties:
Probation Corrections Officers work at a 24-hour facility, supervising detained minors. Duties include, but are not limited to:
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Read the formal job description (located on the County’s Human Resources website), including the minimum requirements and potential disqualifiers.
3. Contact the Probation Department by e-mail at email@example.com if you have questions.
4. Once a job recruitment is open, follow the instructions on how and where to submit your resume. If you are selected, Human Resources will notify you of the testing procedure..
5. After you successfully pass the test, your name is placed on a roster by Human Resources. This roster is then given to the Probation Department who then schedules interviews. If you fail the test, you are not eligible to interview. However, you are encouraged to take the test again after six months. If you have questions about the testing process, you can learn more at the Riverside County Human Resources website.
6. Interviews consist of two parts: an oral interview in front of a two-person panel and a written essay. Your combined score determines whether or not you are invited to the next step in the hiring process, which is backgrounds.
7. The backgrounds process includes several parts, including completion of a Personal History Statement, a Pre-Investigative Questionaire, a meeting with a background investigator and their subsequent investigation. As you progress through backgrounds, you will also be given a physical examination and a psychological evaluation as well as a truth verification examination, via the Computer Voice Stress Analyzer (CVSA)..
8. If you successfully pass the backgrounds process, then you are hired by the Department. The process from interview date to date of hire can take 3-6 months.
OFFICE ASSISTANT II
OFFICE ASSISTANT III
SUPERVISING OFFICE ASSISTANT I
SUPERVISING OFFICE ASSISTANT II
SENIOR ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES ANALYST II
HUMAN RESOURCES CLERK
SUPERVISING GROUP SUPERVISOR/INSTRUCTOR
SENIOR GROUP SUPERVISOR/CULINARY ARTS
SENIOR GROUP SUPERVISOR/INDUSTRIAL ARTS
CORRECTIONAL SENIOR FOOD SERVICE WORKER
IT USER SUPPORT TECHICIAN II
Or visit Riverside County Human Resources’ website at www.rc-hr.com